Taking care of my grandmother who is suffering from Alzheimer's

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

JaneAM
    Participant

My grandmother is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. Her condition has become worse. She doesn’t remember any of us. She has started behaving like a child as if she is in her childhood days. There is no one to look after her. My husband and I go to work. We appointed a caregiver last month but she was not that efficient and didn’t take care of my grandmother’s things properly. I have to take leave very often for taking care of her. Someone should be there along with her all the time. Usually, my mother stays at home. But it is difficult for her to manage my grandmother alone. She often gets into trouble while taking care of my grandmother. She often messes up the house, runs outside the house and causes any other trouble. We need an efficient caregiver to take care of her properly. We have decided to consult an elderly homecare in Toronto. Is this service good? Have you ever experienced with any of these services?

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by JaneAM.
    • This topic was modified 6 years ago by JaneAM.

Stifiejohn
    Participant

Hello Jane

I am a caregiver of people with Dementia and Alzheimer. I know how it difficult to handle the situation of such people.

If you want a good care for your grandmother you can contact Nursing Home in Elmbridge

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.