Welcome to Senior Care Advice
Helping you care for the ones you love.
Housing & Care
There are many options for housing and care. Explore those options and talk over the possibilities with your elderly loved one.
Finances & Insurance
What you need to know to help your elderly loved one navigate finances, government benefits, healthcare, and insurance.
Health & Well-Being
Ways that we can help our aging loved ones stay fit, active, healthy, and resilient. Learn more about maintaining physical and mental health.
Staying active and safely maintaining the ability to move and get around is key to an older adult's sense of independence, happiness and well-being.
- Adult Children Can Help Their Parents Manage the Risk of FrailtyLabeling an older adult as “frail” can be stigmatizing. Geriatric researchers have cautioned that the term is linked to “mental or moral weakness” and may become “the new cloak of ...
- How Do Couples Resolve Disagreements About Housing After Retirement?One of the most difficult decisions an older couple can make is whether to remain in the home they own or to sell the home and move to a retirement ...
- Companion Care Improves the Social Health of Older AdultsOlder adults lose their social connections for various reasons. Retirement deprives seniors of workplace interactions. Children and other family members move to distant locations. Retirees who relocate to a different ...
- Decision Quandary: When Do Older Adults Enter Care Facilities?The adult children of disabled parents are often asked for advice about their parents’ housing options. When parents need around-the-clock care, a nursing home might be the most realistic choice. ...
- How Do Memory Care Facilities Differ from Assisted Living?Almost 6 million people in the United States are living with dementia. About 97% of dementia patients are over the age of 65. The CDC predicts that 14 million people ...
- What Are Senior Apartments?When adult children discuss housing choices with their aging parents, it may become apparent that it would be wise for the parents to move to an environment that caters to ...