Welcome to Senior Care Advice
Helping you care for the ones you love.
Housing & Care
There are many options for housing and care. Explore those options and talk over the possibilities with your elderly loved one.
Finances & Insurance
What you need to know to help your elderly loved one navigate finances, government benefits, healthcare, and insurance.
Health & Well-Being
Ways that we can help our aging loved ones stay fit, active, healthy, and resilient. Learn more about maintaining physical and mental health.
Staying active and safely maintaining the ability to move and get around is key to an older adult's sense of independence, happiness and well-being.
- When Should Older People Stop Driving?Americans are drivers. Cars are associated with freedom and independence. For people who don’t live in cities with reliable public transportation, cars may be a necessity. In 2020, nearly 30 ...
- How Should You Choose a Nursing Facility?When they can, seniors typically choose to live independently. Some remain in a family home while others downsize or enjoy the comfort of a retirement community. Seniors who need assistance ...
- Senior Travel Ideas in a Post-Pandemic RealityThe virus that causes COVID-19 may be with us for the foreseeable future. Pandemics often become endemic, “meaning the infection is still present in a region or population but its ...
- Rejecting Negative Stereotypes About Older WorkersUntil recently, a pervasive stereotype in the business world defined older employees as lacking the mental agility or physical stamina to meet the demands of a competitive work environment. Employers ...
- The Largest Social Security Jump in Decades: Will the Raise Be Enough?Seniors who depend on Social Security benefits will soon receive the largest cost of living adjustment (COLA) in the last 40 years. The 8.7% increase in Social Security payments will ...
- Commemorating the Resilience of Older WomenThe United Nations commemorated the October 1 International Day of Older Persons by asking the world to recognize the value of senior women. At age 73, the UN’s Secretary-General is ...