Welcome to Senior Care Advice
Helping you care for the ones you love.
Housing & Care
There are many options for housing and care. Explore those options and talk over the possibilities with your elderly loved one.
Finances & Insurance
What you need to know to help your elderly loved one navigate finances, government benefits, healthcare, and insurance.
Health & Well-Being
Ways that we can help our aging loved ones stay fit, active, healthy, and resilient. Learn more about maintaining physical and mental health.
Staying active and safely maintaining the ability to move and get around is key to an older adult's sense of independence, happiness and well-being.
- 5 Things States Can Do to Help Older ResidentsMost older Americans receive Social Security and participate in Medicare. Those programs help people meet their financial needs while assuring that they receive affordable healthcare. Yet those programs, combined with ...
- Top Cities, Towns, and Countries for Retirement LivingSeniors balance competing factors when they decide where to live after retirement. People who feel rooted in a community and have easy access to family and friends might stay where ...
- Dance’s Impact on the Health of SeniorsMartha Graham said, “Dance is the hidden language of the soul of the body.” The benefit of expressing the soul through dance might explain Satchel Paige’s advice: “Dance like nobody’s ...
- Tips to Help Seniors Deal with LonelinessLoneliness can afflict people of all ages. In some cases, loneliness is caused by social isolation. About 27% of Americans who have reached the age of 60 live alone. Yet ...
- Healthy Ways to Keep the Senior’s Brain Sharp and in Working OrderThe stereotype that older people lose their mental sharpness is pervasive. Like all stereotypes, it invites judgment based on group membership rather than individual accomplishment. Nola Ochs [earned a masters ...
- When Should Older People Stop Driving?Americans are drivers. Cars are associated with freedom and independence. For people who don’t live in cities with reliable public transportation, cars may be a necessity. In 2020, nearly 30 ...