Welcome to Senior Care Advice
Helping you care for the ones you love.
Housing & Care
There are many options for housing and care. Explore those options and talk over the possibilities with your elderly loved one.
Finances & Insurance
What you need to know to help your elderly loved one navigate finances, government benefits, healthcare, and insurance.
Health & Well-Being
Ways that we can help our aging loved ones stay fit, active, healthy, and resilient. Learn more about maintaining physical and mental health.
Staying active and safely maintaining the ability to move and get around is key to an older adult's sense of independence, happiness and well-being.
- How Can Older People on Fixed Incomes Cope With Inflation?Inflation is making headlines, not just in the United States but around the world. As the pandemic winds down, consumers are returning to their former buying patterns, create a surge ...
- Meeting the Challenge of Financing Long-Term CareIn an ideal world, younger individuals will plan for their retirement years. An ideal plan will provide not just a retirement income that allows a retiree to maintain a comfortable ...
- Older LGBT Adults Have Special Concerns About Long-Term CareIn recent years, unpleasant members of society have felt emboldened to express their hostility to members of different races, ethnicities, and gender identity groups. Many believe that the rapid rise ...
- Report Offers New Information About Cognitive Impairment that May Precede DementiaAlzheimer’s disease usually affects people over the age of 65. By the age of 80, one in six people have acquired the condition. As they struggle to meet the needs ...
- Amy Gower Offers Advice After Caregiving Forced Her into BankruptcyFamily caregivers are motivated by love. They donate their time, often sacrificing income to meet the needs of older or disabled family members. They provide free meals and shelter to ...
- When Do Grandparents Have the Right to Visit Their Grandchildren?Grandparents often have a special relationship with their grandchildren. A child who resents parental authority — and what child doesn’t? — may bond with a grandparent who provides love and ...