Welcome to Senior Care Advice
Helping you care for the ones you love.
Housing & Care
There are many options for housing and care. Explore those options and talk over the possibilities with your elderly loved one.
Finances & Insurance
What you need to know to help your elderly loved one navigate finances, government benefits, healthcare, and insurance.
Health & Well-Being
Ways that we can help our aging loved ones stay fit, active, healthy, and resilient. Learn more about maintaining physical and mental health.
Staying active and safely maintaining the ability to move and get around is key to an older adult's sense of independence, happiness and well-being.
- The Dialogue on AgingWhile some people embrace the experience of growing older, the process of aging is often unwelcome. In his older years, Mark Twain quipped that “life would be infinitely happier if ...
- 5 Gadget Gifts for SeniorsMost people love gadgets. While older people are often seen as unwilling to master new technology, that stereotype might cause younger people to avoid giving gadgets as gifts to their ...
- How Can Seniors Beat the HeatRecord heat waves have been sweeping the world in 2022. Countries in Europe and Asia experienced extended periods of unprecedented high temperatures in June. As the climate continues to warm, ...
- How to Avoid Penalties for Late Enrollment in MedicareMost seniors understand that Medicare provides various kinds of health insurance. Seniors who are eligible for Social Security benefits paid for Medicare coverage through their payroll taxes during their working ...
- Easing into Gradual RetirementSome seniors have little choice about their retirement dates. While it is unlawful to fire an employee because of age, businesses often invent excuses to terminate the employment of older ...
- Seniors Who Are Aging in an Aging Home: Home Modifications and Repair ServicesAging in place is the preference of more than three quarters of Americans over the age of 50. Older Americans typically feel tied to their community and want to remain ...