Welcome to Senior Care Advice
Helping you care for the ones you love.
Housing & Care
There are many options for housing and care. Explore those options and talk over the possibilities with your elderly loved one.
Finances & Insurance
What you need to know to help your elderly loved one navigate finances, government benefits, healthcare, and insurance.
Health & Well-Being
Ways that we can help our aging loved ones stay fit, active, healthy, and resilient. Learn more about maintaining physical and mental health.
Staying active and safely maintaining the ability to move and get around is key to an older adult's sense of independence, happiness and well-being.
- Coping with Caregiver Stress and BurnoutMost caregivers are relatives of aging or disabled family members. They almost always work without compensation, apart from gaining the satisfaction of knowing that they are making a difference in ...
- Using Holiday Visits to Assess Older RelativesHolidays are a time when families come together. They can also be stressful for a family that hosts a holiday dinner. At some point, that burden often shifts from older ...
- Addressing AgeismA writer for Forbes recently argued that the media needs to start “addressing the workplace ism that’s been ignored for years — ageism.” As the American population continues to age, ...
- How to Avoid Will ChallengesFew things are uglier than the spectacle of children or other relatives arguing about an inheritance. The law respects the right of individuals to decide who should inherit their property. ...
- Helping Seniors Live All Their AgesThere is a difference between remembering the past and living in the past.
- Seniors Should Be Wary of Potentially Unsafe ProductsOrdinary products, ranging from food and over-the-counter medications to hand sanitizers and sunscreens, can pose a health or safety risk. Senior consumers can protect themselves by checking product recall lists ...