Welcome to Senior Care Advice
Helping you care for the ones you love.
Housing & Care
There are many options for housing and care. Explore those options and talk over the possibilities with your elderly loved one.
Finances & Insurance
What you need to know to help your elderly loved one navigate finances, government benefits, healthcare, and insurance.
Health & Well-Being
Ways that we can help our aging loved ones stay fit, active, healthy, and resilient. Learn more about maintaining physical and mental health.
Staying active and safely maintaining the ability to move and get around is key to an older adult's sense of independence, happiness and well-being.
- Is Nursing Home Compare a Reliable Resource for Choosing Nursing Homes?Nursing homes provide residential care for patients who need around-the-clock medical attention. The National Center for Health Statistics reports that nearly two-thirds of nursing home residents are over the age … Read more
- It’s Time to Update Historic Laws that Benefit Older AmericansThe last White House Conference on Aging was held in 2015. It commemorated the 80th anniversary of Social Security and the 50th anniversary of Medicare, Medicaid, and the Older Americans … Read more
- Everyone Can Join the Fight Against Ageist StereotypesEfforts to combat prejudice based on race, sex, gender identity, and national origin have raised awareness of the harm caused by stereotypes. When people are not seen as individuals but … Read more
- Make the Most of Healthy Aging MonthSeptember is Healthy Aging Month— a time to focus on wellbeing during the process of aging. Developing habits that promote good health before retirement will maximize the opportunity to thrive … Read more
- Will Florida Retirees Find Affordable Housing with Live Local Act?Florida has a growing population. It also trails Maine with the second highest population of residents who are 65 or older. Finding affordable homes for the state’s influx of older … Read more
- Demand for Housing Affordability for Older AdultsDevelopers and housing authorities are investing in senior housing projects. Investments are essential as members of the baby boomer generation grow older. Affordable housing is an increasing concern for seniors … Read more