Welcome to Senior Care Advice
Helping you care for the ones you love.
Housing & Care
There are many options for housing and care. Explore those options and talk over the possibilities with your elderly loved one.
Finances & Insurance
What you need to know to help your elderly loved one navigate finances, government benefits, healthcare, and insurance.
Health & Well-Being
Ways that we can help our aging loved ones stay fit, active, healthy, and resilient. Learn more about maintaining physical and mental health.
Staying active and safely maintaining the ability to move and get around is key to an older adult's sense of independence, happiness and well-being.
- Music Is Therapeutic for Older AdultsAmericans in their 80s probably grew up listening to Elvis Presley. If they are a bit younger, they may have danced to the Beatles during their teen years. Seniors who ...
- 5 Ways to Identify Care Needs of Aging ParentsAdult children want to assure that their parents live their best lives as they grow older. They may feel frustrated when parents who are concerned about being a burden to ...
- Government Funding for Family CaregivingThe demand for caregivers will continue to grow as the American population continues to age. Baby boomers have been entering their senior years at a time when medical advances have ...
- How Will the Housing Market Respond to the Growing Senior Population?There is no doubt that the need for senior housing options will continue to grow as the population of older adults expands in the next few decades. About 58 million ...
- Seniors: Plan Early for a Comfortable RetirementSocial Security benefits are the only source of income for about 20% of Americans who are 65 or older. Retirees struggle when they must live on their Social Security benefit ...
- 5 Questions to Ask When Searching for a Retirement CommunityAs consumers spend less time shopping in brick-and-mortar buildings and more time shopping online, malls that were once gathering places for Baby Boomers are closing. Forbes reports that some Baby ...