Live in providing senior services in exchange for rent reduction

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #888


    Are there live-in caregivers who are willing to help an elderly parent in exchange for rent? How do you find someone like that?



    Yes, absolutely. Again it depends on what day-to-day services are needed (i.e., cleaning, driving, dressing, bathing, grocery shopping, reading), to what extent, and whether the senior needs limited or constant assistance. The best way to find someone is to ask close friends of the family members; the next choice is to approach a clergy person or the senior’s physician. You could also consider calling your local Agency on Aging, geriatric care managers, or social workers in the area to ask for referrals.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.