Rubber pad recommendations to prevent falls

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dads-care
    Participant

My dad has a toilet close to his bed, but every night, he manages to pee on the floor, and not in the toilet. Sometimes I end up stepping in it. Yuck! Anyway, the other night, he stepped in it and slipped and fell. Thank goodness he did not break any bones. I used to have a rug there, but I took it out because I didn’t want him to trip on it. But I need something on the floor over there, like maybe some type of rubber pad. Any suggestions? I’m not sure what to do at this point. I don’t necessarily want to bring in someone to work a night shift.

geriatricmanager
    Participant

There are many types of rubber mats you can buy to put by his bed to prevent falls.
    Here is a link to one website that offers different types of rugs: The rug needs to be non-slip and non-skip.
    http://www.easierliving.com/all-products/fall-management/floor-mats

I have also seen similar rugs on Amazon.com – Look for rubber mats that are non-slip and non-skip.

Another idea is to see if your Dad might to able to use a urinal – This is a receptacle he could place near his bed and use it night while he is in bed so he wouldn’t have to get out of bed at night – these can be found on Amazon.com.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.